What is a brow lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Skin resurfacing techniques
Who is a good candidate for a brow lift?
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals
As we age, unsightly wrinkle lines may appear on the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look angry or “too serious.” Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to drop, hooding our upper eyelids and making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be right for you.
What should I expect during a consultation for a brow lift?
During your brow lift consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals for your appearance
- Your complete medical history
- Your current prescription medications, including vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use
Your brow lift surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any risk factors
- Discuss your options
- Examine and measure different parts of your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of brow lift surgery and any potential complications
It’s very important to understand all aspects of your arm lift procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.