Dental fillings are most commonly used to treat cavities, but they’re also used to repair cracked or broken teeth or teeth that have been worn down over time.
The filling is the treatment to restore the morphology, integrity, and function of the decayed chipped or broken tooth structure.
A tooth that is cracked can be painful. It also can lead to disease of the tooth.
You could feel some of these signs:
- Sharp pain when biting down that quickly disappears.
- Pain that comes and goes.
- Pain when eating or drinking.
- Feeling that something is stuck between your teeth.
Most dental filling procedures feature the following:
- Topical anesthetic to numb the area of treatment.
- Decay removal from the affected teeth.
- Tooth restoration using a composite or amalgam filling.
- Bite check to make sure your teeth align comfortably.
The team of our clinic will ensure you are comfortable before, during, and after your procedure, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. In addition, we can help you if you suffer from dental anxiety.